Summary: We are mired in patterns of thought, behavior and relationship, that are based on our belief that we as humans, are separate from each other. The knowledge and understanding that we are Consciousness, shifts our self identity and reveals our intrinsic unity, oneness and our essential nature as Love. Let us commit to align to the Love that we are, and reveal our true selves as masterful creators of this new Earth. The greatest insurance we have against re-empowering the old unsustainable world, is in rediscovering and anchoring the knowledge of who We Truly Are, and making a choice to choose Love over Fear.
The Human Situation:
Our lives and the world’s relational structures, assume that we are all separate human beings, unrelated to all the rest of life, and unfortunately, our current world has been developed on this misunderstanding.
This misunderstanding has created an unstable unsustainable human world, all because we are unaware of who We Truly Are.
- As humans, we have extensive physical needs for security and survival. We compete in order to ensure that our needs for clothing, shelter, food, water, and resources are met. Our increasingly complex world, makes this a challenging task. Many people live without connection to land on which to grow food. They must rely on acquiring money to pay for food and all other needs.
- As humans, we are mostly emotionally isolated. Even if we have family and friends, relationships are transient, and changing. It is often our closest relationships that give us difficulties and appear to create suffering for us. We also suffer by people’s presence or absence, when we feel we are tied to others or they to us.1.
This situation of appearing separate, engenders fear. This fear drives our choices and the hierarchy of what we value. We value things that ensure our security, that give us pleasure, that help us feel virtuous, and that give us freedom.2.
We use our minds to craft greater complexity in systems that help us to survive, as populations have grown. Creating greater focus on our false identity as separate humans.
We don’t understand subtle energy (which might be described as very fine material that cannot be seen). Many don’t realize that energy comes before matter. Our world situation is a result of a lopsided focus upon matter alone. We attempt to mold our world with physical manipulations at the level of effects, when the cause is at the level of energy and spirit, and is overlooked or ignored in our culture.
It is a choice we have made at great cost to the Earth, and her natural environment, as well as to our own psychological, physical, emotional and spiritual health.
We are primarily focused upon the immediate needs and challenges of making money. We have left the Earth and the other life forms entirely out of the equation, leaving both us, and the Earth bereft of a relationship that nurtures and sustains us both.
Many years and lifetimes have passed into this separation experiment, most of us have let our communication and connection with the natural world and the other dimensions whither. When we can maintain this connection ourselves, it is because we know ourselves to be a part of the great whole.
As the world’s situation escalates into greater uncertainty around being able to ensure our basic needs for security, (food, water, shelter, healthcare, etc.), it is time now to look with 2020 vision, at how we live, at what we have created, and what we now wish to create for our future on Earth. Redirecting our energies, refocusing our sight and reclaiming our power and magnificence to live in peace and harmony, are within our grasp.
The greatest insurance we can have against re-empowering the old dysfunctional world is in rediscovering the knowledge of who We Truly Are.
Who Are We?
This entire world is simply Consciousness. It is appearing as different forms… as humanity, plants, animals and the cosmos, and as the space all the forms exist within and beyond.
Consciousness, that is limitless, eternal, never born, and unchanging, is behind and within, all form. It is the substrate and the substance of existence, and it is outside of time and space.
Science is challenged to accurately describe and know Consciousness, because science is within time and space and the dimensional world, while Consciousness is not only. Consciousness is not measurable because it is everywhere.
Vedanta, which is an ancient means of knowledge for understanding who we are as Consciousness says, that fire’s essence is heat and sugar’s essence is sweetness and our essence is Consciousness.
Consciousness is Who We Truly Are.
Consciousness is is behind… the utility of our senses, the interpretations of our mind, and the nerves that fire our muscles. If we distill down our senses and look at what is happening when we see, feel, taste, smell or hear, we always find Consciousness, it always ends in Consciousness.3.
Who are We? We are non-dual Consciousness.
- In Sanskrit we are defined as Sat Chit Ananda, three words that mean we Exist, we are Conscious, and we are Blissful (or happy). You can say “I Am Consciousness” or “Awareness” or “The Self”.
- We are beings of Love existing within a field of Love. In Love nothing is lacking. Consciousness, as the ONE Self, is Love and Oneness. We are are blissful human beings when we know ourselves to be Consciousness: which is whole already.
- Consciousness does not come from our body. When we see the world as Consciousness, and realize that we are that self-same Consciousness, we will realize our unbound free essence, and our bond with all and everything, including all other humans. Consciousness is free and limitless, and everfree of the body. Our body exists within Consciousness.
- You could say there is only ONE of us here! The “I” that you say when you speak: “I am going now” is Consciousness. The word “I” is always Consciousness!
- Consciousness, unbound and ever free, is animating all our bodies. Our bodies exist, yet they are actually inert, However convincing our physical solidity appears to us, if we look within our cells, to molecules, to atoms and to subatomic units, Scientists see mostly space and not matter. That space is akin to Consciousness.
- We exist as Consciousness within Consciousness. The only thing you have ever known or felt is Consciousness!
What it Takes to be Free of the Human Predicament of the Belief in Separation:
The knowledge of our identity as Consciousness, empowers us to make different choices, because we will then understand with clarity, the basis and undeniability of our innate and integral union with each other.
- In order to be free of the incorrect human identity as separate, and to step above the complex maze we find ourselves in as humans, we must understand the situation and who We Truly Are as Consciousness, and repeatedly learn to act from this knowledge of our unity and oneness and expanded identity.
- We can choose again. Long ago we thought our identity was separate and decided to ‘go it alone’, and now we can choose to ‘go it together’.
- If we were to view ourselves as one Consciousness, is it fathomable that any part of our one self would willingly hurt another part of that same self? Let’s hold ourselves accountable to Consciousness, to commit to an understanding of this identity situation. This is the rock-solid foundation upon which a new world may be built. Then who we are as Consciousness can create a world based in Love, justice and peace.
- We are at a fork in the road. We can choose the road that creates the kind of world we want our children and grandchildren to inherit. Aligning to Love and no longer aligning to fear, is the choice that we each can and must make. From this choice, the future will be better.
- Aligned with Love we cannot fail. When we are aligned, all the parts of ourselves are aiming in the same direction.
How will we make the change fast enough?
- Understand our True identity as ONE CONSCIOUSNESS.
- Learn fluidity of perspective. Develop our capacity to operate from Consciousness’ perspective, and return to that perspective when we find ourselves back in our separate human viewpoint.
- Cultivate our capacity to Love based on our observations of Love’s joy and expansion. Not romantic love, but abiding Love, that overrides all barriers and expectations, connecting the heart and the mind.
- Practice Love like you would scales on the piano, or runs for a marathoner, so that we can be Masters of Love and Unity. This comes naturally through the perspective of our self ideneity as Consciousness. Repeatedly choosing to shift our perspective, helps this new potential become a reality in form.
- Commit to Love, and from this place our world will be transformed.
Our future on Earth depends on it!
This requires Letting Go of the Old & Re-focusing upon What We Want.
- As humans, we each are living our perfect life for growth and attainment, leading us to the valuable knowledge of who we more truly are.
- Karma is a perfect system: what we put forth in thought, word, deed or action, comes back to us. Karma Phalam is the “fruit” … the seen and unseen results of our past actions. (See my YouTube Karma Talk that explains this further.)
- We each had a plan coming into this life, we planned events and lessons to assist our soul’s evolution. Our Prarabdha Karma brought us to this specific life, and once it is completed we drop the physical body and our subtle body leaves this dimensional Earth theatre. Remember: there is no actual death, Consciousness continues. Then, as we look out upon the chaotic situations of this world, holding this perspective helps us to find some equanimity in the face of extreme suffering and challenges.
The serenity prayer comes to mind…
Lord grant me the knowledge to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference. ~ Adapted from Reinhold Niebuhr
- Our collective karma as a human species is what we are in the midst of now. As Jim Garrison said “Mother Earth is angry and has sent us to our rooms” to learn to honor and respect her!
- Learn from life to accept what comes with grace. Learn to allow others to learn from their experiences as well. Learn when to help and when to let go. Allow others’ their challenges, and pitch in and help when it is ours to do so. Allowing all expressions, even those that seem unnecessary or different is part of this. The world has many people who may not be ready to learn that we are all One Consciousness. Allowing them to be as they are is part of this task.
- We are here to create the new, not to fix the old. Choose win/win collaboration over competition, discernment not judgment, love over fear.
- Let’s Awaken our senses to the energy, or the subtle invisible energy information around us. It is a skill that will help us to survive these transitional times, and be of greater service, as we pay attention to our inner guidance.
- Fluidity of perspective, being flexible and fluid with our perspective will be our next mastery, taught to all in schools. Train ourselves to the perspective of Consciousness everywhere, and in everyone.
- Earth can be a demanding school until we learn the rules 4. and realize that we are all interconnected, inter-influencing and interdependent.
We are Masters in need of awakening, revealing and training.
Let’s lift our sights to full expression as the pure Consciousness that we are. Let’s demonstrate what’s truly possible for us now, during this time on Earth.
- If you knew you were Whole and Complete, you would be magnificent. As humans, we bemoan our situation, not realizing who we Truly Are, and what our identity as Consciousness will bring when we align with it.
- Our work as humans is to heal ourselves from thinking we are separate from others… heal our broken identity. Our work as Consciousness is to create from our fullness.
- From Consciousness’ perspective… forbearance, patience, loving and unconditional love are natural. Imagine being so sure of who we are and of who everyone else is, that we are able to keep our cool in the face of things that have previously triggered us to react, lash out, reject and judge? Let’s become Masters of our minds, emotions and our bodies.
- The outer world is a reflection of the inner world within us all. We cannot remain the same, as we have been and expect the world to change.
- In order to fulfill our Mastery, let’s take the straight road, let’s stay on the highway to Love. Let’s move as a human family into this new world.
- Know that the new world will form as we choose to work together, to collaborate, to fly with our masculine and feminine wings balanced and in harmony and aligned with Love. We will move forward into a new age of Light and Love, Justice and Peace.
- The Golden Age is ours to inhabit, are we willing? Let’s commit to our alignment with Love and send fear packing. Being aligned to Love and knowing the wisdom of Who We Are, we are unstoppable.
In Summary: How can we make this shift in identity and alignment?
- The hard and fast knowledge of our Oneness as Consciousness brings us the clarity that is the foundation for making the necessary shift in our identity and our alignment to Love.
This can be achieved by listening to non-dual teachings. Two such examples are… studying Vedanta, or a teaching such as A Course in Miracles. These explain who and what we truly are, and give a greater perspective of who we are not. This knowledge, which is not a feeling or an experience, but a knowing, helps to relieve us of our human suffering.
- By making a commitment to yourself to choose Love over fear. Life is not about being perfect, it is simply about making the choice to Love.
- Through Practice, using whatever means that works for you, to center and ground yourself. Meditation and Mindfulness are excellent. There are many contemporary teachers who are offering systems for self-Mastery at this time, like Joe Dispenza, who brings his teachings and experience to many.
There are many methods to choose from. Choose one that has proven effective at setting people free, and in which the teacher personally embodies and lives the teaching. Make a choice and stay focused upon the goal.
- Remember why we are shifting our identity and aligning with Love. Our world is demanding this of us. Our children and grandchildren need us to step up and create a world that we all want to live in. It begins with each of us making the choice to align with Love, which comes out of knowing who We Truly Are… Consciousness.
These decisions and committing to this work will decide the future of everything.
- Atmabodh, Swami Paramarthananda
2. Introduction to Vedanta, Swami Paramarthanananda
3.The Direct Path: A User Guide, by Greg Goode
4. Do no harm, and act for the greater good are the overriding rules of this world.
Freedom Mauran Freedom@HopeIvesMauran.com